Good to Know
Booking Information for the
Hotel Garni Haus Tyrol
Rooms and car park are available from 3.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. We kindly ask you to vacate the rooms as well as the car park by 10.30 a.m. on the day of departure.
Our reception is open until 9.00 p.m. If you are arriving after 9.00 p.m., we kindly ask you to inform us, so that we can deposit your room key.
Plenty of parking spaces are located in front of our house. Depending on availability, you are also welcome to use the underground garage at one of our neighboring hotels (on request for an extra charge).
Every morning, you will be greeted by a lavish, extended breakfast buffet in our pleasant breakfast room with panoramic view.
Begin the next exciting day of your holidays with a sumptuous buffet breakfast:
- Ham & sausage
- Jams & honey
- Bread & rolls
- Fruit, fruit juices
- Hot drinks
- much more!
Treat yourself to hours of glorious pampering in our Tyrolean Sauna with Finnish Sauna/Herbal Sanarium and relaxation room. Naturally, our guests are welcome to use the wellness area free of charge. Spa robes are also provided at no cost.
- Luggage & changing room
- Cellar ski storage with boot dryer and ski lockers
- Hotel lobby
Our house is a non-smoking establishment. However, you are welcome to smoke out on the balconies, which most rooms have. Thank you for your cooperation.
Unfortunately, no pets are permitted at our house.
Our house features free WiFi throughout.
The local tourism tax is not included in the room prices.
Excluded local tax: Euro 2 per person and night from 15 years
(Reg. nr. acc. to § 9 (5) SNAG: 50512-001881-2020)
Available on a seasonal basis.
Based on the season.
Your reservation will be confirmed and guaranteed upon deposit of your down payment to our bank account.
- Bank Name: Raiffeisenbank Lungau
- IBAN: AT26 3506 3000 4201 5370
- BIC (Swift): RVSAAT2S063
- Account Owner: Aichmann Hotel Tyrol GmbH, Gamsleitenstraße 5, A-5562 Obertauern
You are welcome to settle the remainder of your bill at the end of your stay using your EC-Card or credit card (Visa, MasterCard).
A booking is also a purchase contract. Cancellation charges will apply in the event of cancellation, delayed arrival or premature departure. For this reason, we strongly recommend purchasing holiday cancellation insurance, such as that available through Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Hotel bookings are generally excluded from the 14-day right of withdrawal for distance selling contracts.
The following cancellation conditions are applying instead:
Room cancellations are only valid in writing. In general, only whole rooms can be cancelled (and not single persons).
- Up to 3 months before the agreed date of arrival, a free cancellation is possible.
- Up to 1 month before the agreed date of arrival, a cancellation fee of 40 % of the room rate has to be paid.
- Up to 1 week before the agreed date of arrival, a cancellation fee of 70 % of the room rate has to be paid.
- During the last week before the agreed date of arrival, a cancellation fee of 90 % of the room rate has to be paid.
- In case of late arrival or early departure, the full room rate minus € 8 per person and night for the breakfast will be charged.
- If, due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, our hotel or the Obertauern ski area is officially closed, or if travel restrictions apply for vaccinated/recovered persons (entry ban into Austria from your home country or mandatory quarantine), you will not incur any cancellation costs and the deposit paid will be refunded in full.
- However, a possible legal reintroduction of the need for a Covid-19 vaccination certificate or Covid-19 recovery certificate in winter 2022/2023 does not allow free cancellation.
The rate including breakfast can be regarded as the “room rate”. You do not have to pay any cancellation fees for the local tax as well as optionally booked ski passes.
By the way the General Terms & Conditions of the Austrian Hotel Industry (AGBH 2006) are valid.
Information pertaining to online conflict resolution in compliance with art. 14 par. 1 ODR-VO
The EU Commission provides the opportunity for online dispute resolution by means of a platform they operate for that purpose (the so-called “ODR Platform”). This platform may be used to settle disputes resulting from online contracts or service agreements. It may be reached via the following external link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
All prices in EURO. Subject to change. Not liable for errors or inaccuracies.